Monday, March 26, 2012

publish ajax website

Hi,

I am beginner with Ajax and I have done an app using some update panels and triggers but before I upload the app to the server I wanted to know if I have to do something on the server so the app will run without any problem.


1. I am not using any ajax control, only updates panel.

2. Do have to configure something?

3. Can I just publish the site and then upload it?

Can any body explain me something about it or maybe give me an URL where i can found some info.

Thanks a lot.


Just install the asp.net ajax framework on you server then you're good to go.

Thanks for your answer.

But it is a remote server so I do not think I have permissions to install the ajax framework. Or I have to tell my provider that I want that framework?

Thanks again.


hmmm hosting provider? Ask them, ... to do install it ... if they don't then transfer somewhere else. .. i'm with GoDaddy, and they have it ... the price is cheap too. if you do go with GoDaddy, check around for promotion code. i have one ... let me know if you need it ... Cheer.

I just talked to my provider and they do not have the ajax framework and the person that I working for does not want to change the provider. I know, I had to ask this person about this before I started....... there′s no way to run an app which has ajax without the Ajax Framework? I am just using update panels and triggers and no ajax controls.

Thanks a lot.


You can try putting the DLLs in the bin folder like the old "Atlas", but then your folder has to have full permission. AND for sure your provider will not give it to you.

i did try putting all the DLLs in the bin folder on my hosting provider (godaddy) when they didn't have ajax install. the result was, it blows up on me. yellow page. 'sigh' ...

who is your provider?


my provider is 1&1......why do I need full permission to put some dll in my projects?

Look I have all the Data access and the business logic in different projects. That means that in the client side I use the dll from those projects.

Do I need also full permissions to use these dll's in my project?

Or do I have to upload those project to server too?

Tanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment