Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Progess bar for a fileupload in an iFrame

hi,

I have put a file upload control in an iFrame so that I can mimic an asynch. postback. This works well, but now I would like to be able to detect when the button in the iFrame that submits the form in the iframe is clicked, so that i can trigger a "processing" message in the main page, which isn't posting back.

Any ideas on how I might accomplish this? (or if anyone has a better way to do an asynchrounous fileupload I'm very open to suggestions :-)

Hmm... I would be very interested in the direction you are headed.

Couldn't you do something with the onclientclick of the submit button in the iframe? So when that submit button is clicked in the iframe, a javascript is fired in the parent/main page that shows a "processing" message.

http://www.esqsoft.com/javascript_examples/iframe_talks_to_parent/

I am trying to do the exact same thing, would you have any example code?

thanks..

No comments:

Post a Comment