Saturday, March 24, 2012

Publishing AtlasControlToolkit "The server block is not well formed"

I just downloaded this toolkit and it worked great. I wanted to publish it on our dev server so I could easily show my co-workers the site.

I got the following error when I tried accessing it,

Parser Error

Description:An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message:The server block is not well formed.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@dotnet.itags.org. page language="C#" masterpagefile="~/DefaultMaster.master" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="_Default, App_Web_jupskp7v" title="Microsoft "Atlas" Control Toolkit" %>Line 2: Line 3:


Source File:/AtlasControlToolkit/Default.aspx Line:1


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I edited default.aspx from this,

<%@dotnet.itags.org. Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/DefaultMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title='Microsoft "Atlas" Control Toolkit' %>

to this,

<%@dotnet.itags.org. Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/DefaultMaster.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title='Microsoft Atlas Control Toolkit' %>

I removed the " surrounding Atlas in the title. The site worked fine after this.

Perhaps this should be changed in the toolkit so others do not have the same difficulty.

As I see it, the released sources (/Default.aspx) look like this:

Title='Microsoft "Atlas" Control Toolkit'

Therefore, I suspect that most people will not run into this problem.

Thanks!


That is what mine looked like too.

I published the web site to a dev server here and it resulted in this:

title="Microsoft "Atlas" Control Toolkit"

It worked fine on my local box, just not after I published it. Perhaps it is an issue with the publish feature.


Yes, this appears to be an issue with the publish feature. I tried to work around it by switching to:

Title="Microsoft "Atlas" Control Toolkit"

But publishing again munged it into the same string you had troubles with.

I don't think this is a big deal since the sample site is just for demonstration purposes, but if someone knows a good way to avoid the problem, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for noting this!


I just switched the quotes around and it solved the problem for me...

Title="Microsoft 'Atlas' Control Toolkit"

No comments:

Post a Comment