Saturday, March 24, 2012

Publishing site with new AJAX Beta 1

My previous Atlas-enabled sites using the juli ctp version behaved just fine, but when i upgraded there are errors.

Since the new version, you get to install the Ajax-extension libraries and there is no need to include the dll-file in the bin-directory of the app.

But how do I solve this when uploading it to my webhotell?

Do i have to copy the'Microsoft.Web.Extensions.dll' from the installationdir into the bin directory of my app as before, and reference to it in the Page-directive, like I still do with theAjaxControlKit.dll library?

Thanks in regards / Joel

Thats what I did since my hoster is not ready to install the beta on their servers. There are several threads about this. Do a search on "GAC". If I recall you will have to set your application to "Full Trust" for it to function properly. This is the default setting on IIS but some hosters set it to Medium for security purposes. I created a dev area and published my app there with the beta to test it. I may have gotten lucky with my host leaving the setting on Full Trust. I don't do much with the client side code, mostly server side controls.

Thanks for answering. I tried this and ended up with a runtime error on the remote site, but i figure its just some fuzz with the web.config to solve.

But I wasnt aware that Full trust level was needed now? (Haven't encountered any AccessException yet) Im currently looking around for asp.net hosting with full trust since I need SocketPermission for some of my apps anyway, but can't seem to find any in Sweden. Servergrid looks most likely for the moment, with Full trust and sqlsrv 2005.

/ Joel


I am using bottomlinecom.net. Full trust wasn't even one of the questions I asked when I signed up but it looks like they are configured that way. Sometimes its better to be lucky then good.

No comments:

Post a Comment