Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ProfileService authentication

I use a asp.net loginbox and forms authentication (in a modalopopup) and once the user is authenticated I store the user name in a session variable.Now in a page I have to load the users profile and I am using ProfileServices.Load().I follow all the steps according to the documentation but no profile information loads on the page.

1. Is that I need to authenticate the user using Sys.Services.Authentication to use ProfileServices?

2. If I use Sys.Services.Authentication and Sys.ProfileServices then how will I store the username in a session variable if I need so?

Please help me...I am trying to explore this for the past few weeks......

Hi,

By default, no profile properties are available. For each profile property that you want to make available in a client application, add the property name to thereadAccessProperties attribute of the<profileService> element. Similarly, for each server profile property that can be set based on data sent from a client application, add the property name to thewriteAccessProperties attribute. The following example shows how to expose individual properties.

<profileService enabled="true"
readAccessProperties="Backgroundcolor,Foregroundcolor"
writeAccessProperties=" Backgroundcolor,Foregroundcolor"/>

Have you exposed individual properties?

Did the sample work on your machine?

You don't have to use Sys.Service.Authentication to use the ajax Profile service.

I don't think you read the documentation carefully as the sample is use the ajax Profile service independent.

If you have further question,please provide your code.

Best Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment